We’ve put together a list of 5 Best Validately alternatives that will make your hunt for a new tool easier. Enjoy!
But before giving you all the good stuff, how about doing a Validately review first? Let’s look at the features we’ve lost by Validately’s end.
Let’s remember Validately
Validately was a leading remote moderated and unmoderated user testing solution for everything from prototypes to live websites on desktop and mobile platforms. You could record videos, take notes, create and share clips, use your own customers or let Validately recruit for you. And lastly – check analytics, all on one platform.
- Moderated and unmoderated research
- Web and mobile testing
- Participant recruitment
- Video highlight reels
Validately was known for its good prices, but that has changed with being acquired by Userzoom. Consultants, small businesses, and startups can no longer afford it because the price has drastically increased. Those businesses end up looking for Validately alternatives. And today is their lucky day because they don’t have to search any longer.
Here are 5 best Validately alternatives:
- Optimal Workshop
From prototype to production, UXtweak provides sophisticated usability testing tools for websites and web apps, as well as information architecture research and user behavior analytics. This platform integrates all of your needs and more into a single, easy-to-use tool, making it the best alternative to Validately.
- Unmoderated usability tests
- Session Recording
- Tree Testing & Card Sorting
- Preference Testing
- 5 Second Test
- First Click Test
- Prototype Testing
- Competitive Testing
Have you heard about the new feature? Introducing Mobile App Usability Testing!
Yes, you’ve heard it right. This new feature allows you to evaluate the quality of a digital product built for mobile devices as well as the ability of its target audience to use it. This is done by giving people tasks and watching how they interact with the app or website on a mobile device.
Advantages of UXtweak
- we provide help with recruiting the participants
- advanced analytics
- all the tools you need in one place
- intuitive UI and quick set up
Disadvantages of UXtweak
- Mobile testing is available for iOS devices only
UXtweak has a free starting package which allows you to use all of its tools with no study time restrictions, making it ideal for smaller projects.
You may also select between a Plus plan, which starts at 80€ per month, and a Business plan, which is 117€ per month.
UserTesting was one of the first sites for unmoderated testing, which is still well-known for its massive User Panel (over 1.5 million members). Their three primary products are Insight Core, Product Insight, and Marketing Insight. These three elements, when used together, may aid with almost any form of research.
- Allows you to communicate with your testers while they are on your website, moderated user tests
- Instantaneous information
- Advanced targeting
- There are a lot of unqualified testers
- The limited number of users who do not speak English
- No free trial
Optimal Workshop (or OW for short) is another Validately alternative. It’s a user experience research tool that helps you design a more aesthetically attractive and customer-friendly website. Great for card sorting, tree testing and participant recruitment.
- Easy optimization of your content structure
- Quick feedback on your design
- When working with huge samples, there are performance concerns
- The free tool has a lot of limitations
- During testing, the inability to divide viewers into groups
Free plan available upon registering
Pro – $199/month
Team – $199/user/month
Enterprise – Custom plan
Lookback is a tool that allows companies to measure how frequently their clients’ websites and apps are utilized. This technology also assists in gaining necessary and significant insight into the thinking of clients while utilizing their platform through moderated and unmoderated user tests.
- Live broadcasts — Lookback offers a feature that allows you to broadcast and discuss your studies in real-time with your colleagues
- There is no limit to the number of people that can attend
- Allows a large number of people to watch and take notes on your study
- Connection difficulties plague the iOS app
- There are a lot of technical errors
- There is no way to participate in testing anonymously, and it is only available on Google Chrome
Lookback provides a 14-day free trial. Or you can pick from a variety of paid plans:
Freelance: A low-cost solo plan for $17 per month. There are ten sessions every year
Team: $99 per month for a total of 100 sessions per year
Insights Hub costs $229 per month for 300 sessions per year.
Userbrain is another great UX research tool. Test anything, ask questions, and provide feedback in the form of voice-over videos. You may annotate the recordings, tag them for easier organization, and share links with peers. Userbrain is well-known for its flexible, non-binding price strategy.
- Gives you access to a large pool of testers
- Quick results
- You may invite as many team members as you like to Userbrain and assign them responsibilities
- Missing demographics
- Missing live test session
- Basic analytics
Pro plan: 249€/month
Agency plan: 890€/month
Enterprise: upon request
Pay as you go: 35€/per testers
Ready to move on from Validately?
We believe you are! With so many options you cannot be afraid you won’t find a great alternative to Validately.
There is one right in front of you and we promise you will not be disappointed. Start your UX journey with UXtweak by running your first test today!